Taking the time to floss properly everyday is very important.
Make these 6 EASY STEPS to flossing part of your daily regimen.
- Cut off a piece of floss 18 inches long.
- Wrap it around your two middle fingers, with 90% of it on one of these fingers.
- Use your thumb and forefinger to hold the floss as you gently glide the floss between the teeth all the way to the gum line, as you wrap it around one tooth, curving around in a C shape, gently moving it up and down against the tooth. You will need to keep the working area of the floss taut.
- Before bringing it out to the chewing surface, wrap it around the adjacent tooth in the same fashion. Try to clean as much of the tooth surface as possible.
- As you move from tooth to tooth, use a fresh section of floss each time.
- If you have bridgework or crowns that are splinted together, you will need a clever aid known as a “threader” to help you get under the connected areas.
Taking the time to brush and floss your teeth properly is very important to the long term health of your teeth and gums.