Instructions for obtaining optimum results.
- Thoroughly brush and floss teeth.
- Follow your dentist’s instructions on how to load gel into your custom-bleaching tray. Use no more than 1/3 to 1/2 of a syringe per tray.
- Place tray(s) into mouth completely and tap or press lightly to adapt to teeth.
- Wipe off excess gel, and follow the appropriate wear-time for your formulation (listed below).
- Do not eat during treatment.
- After treatment, remove trays, brush them with a toothbrush, and rinse them twice with room temperature water.
- Brush teeth and rinse with water.
|Opalescence Whitening Gel Treatment|
|10%||8 to 10 hours|
|15%||4 to 6 hours|
|20%||2 to 4 hours|
Bleaching & General Precautions
Temporary tooth sensitivity is a common side effect of bleaching. To combat this, Opalescence products contain PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride) desensitizing agents to ease discomfort. If sensitivity persists, talk to your dentist about recommended treatments.
- Do not use household bleach to whiten teeth.
- Pregnant and nursing women should not bleach their teeth.
- Consult your dentist with any questions, whether related to wear-times, side effects, or efficacy.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not swallow gel or rinsed gel.
- Store Opalescence out of sun and heat. Refrigeration is recommended.